Dallas City Council Member Saves Choking Patron
DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas City Council member who’s a nurse has been credited with saving a man when he began choking while dining at a restaurant.
Jennifer Staubach Gates on Wednesday said she’s relieved that she was able to help. She’s the daughter of NFL Hall of Famer and ex-Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach.
Staubach Gates and her husband were at a restaurant Monday night when a waiter asked customers if anyone had medical training because a man was choking.
The council member says she examined the man, couldn’t find a pulse and began CPR. He started breathing within a couple of minutes.
Paramedics transported the man to a hospital, where he was examined and released.
Staubach Gates says she just did what she was trained to do.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Hand Out Holiday Cheer Instead Of Tickets
- Van Found In Amarillo Linked To Armored Car Heist
- Second Man Arrested In Connection To Bank Robbery, Detective Shootings
- Movie Theater Turns “The Interview” Into An Event
- Finding Grace: A Boy’s Christmas Wish To Find His Dog
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures