Fort Worth House Fire Leaves 1 Dead
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - One person was killed during a house fire in southeast Fort Worth early Thursday morning. The incident started at 3:45 a.m. at a home in the 1400 block of East Cannon Street, near Luxton Street.
Eleven firefighting and support units were sent to the scene.
Emergency crews first arrived to find heavy flames at the front of the home. While workers were attempting to extinguish the fire, those who lived at the house said that one person could not be found. Because of the severity of the fire and the amount of smoke, firefighting crews had difficulty in their attempts to locate the missing person.
That unidentified victim’s body was located just over an hour later.
Investigators are still trying to determine what may have sparked this blaze. Officials have not yet released an estimated damage report.
- Mansfield Woman Charged In Death Of 3-Year-Old Son
- USGS Confirms Earthquake In Irving
- Kanye Apologizes To Beck On Twitter
- Harrison Ford To Reprise “Blade Runner” Role
- Bush Defends His Conservative Credentials
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures