FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – One person was killed during a house fire in southeast Fort Worth early Thursday morning. The incident started at 3:45 a.m. at a home in the 1400 block of East Cannon Street, near Luxton Street.
Eleven firefighting and support units were sent to the scene.
Emergency crews first arrived to find heavy flames at the front of the home. While workers were attempting to extinguish the fire, those who lived at the house said that one person could not be found. Because of the severity of the fire and the amount of smoke, firefighting crews had difficulty in their attempts to locate the missing person.
That unidentified victim’s body was located just over an hour later.
Investigators are still trying to determine what may have sparked this blaze. Officials have not yet released an estimated damage report.
- FC Dallas Rallies To Beat Dynamo 3-1
- Rahal Makes Last-Lap Pass To Win IndyCar Race At Texas
- Frisco ISD Voters Reject Property Tax Increase
- Moreland, Griffin Lead Rangers To 7-0 Win Over Indians
- Cowboys’ Ford Center Hosts Frisco ISD Football Kickoff
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures