AUSTIN (AP) — George P. Bush has tapped former Texas Republican Party Political Director Travis Griffin to manage his campaign for land commissioner.
Senior campaign strategist Trey Newton said Wednesday night that Griffin’s first day was Monday.
He also said that Texas political strategist Ash Wright has been named statewide political director and will manage grassroots efforts.
Newton said the campaign is now fully staffed with 10 employees.
A Spanish-speaking attorney from Fort Worth, Bush is the son of ex-Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. His grandfather and uncle are former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush.
George P. has worked to tamp down lofty expectations and focus on replacing Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor.
Still, the Texas GOP has touted him as key to winning over Hispanic voters.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Has Plan To Deal With Illegal Dumping
- AISD School To See More Security After Written Threat
- Lawyers Argue Charges Against Texas Attorney General Should Be Dropped
- Tarrant County Sheriff Defends Deputy Swept Away By Rushing Water
- Fellow Muslim Student Defends ‘Clock Kid’s’ Former High School
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures