George P. Bush Taps Griffin As Campaign Manager
AUSTIN (AP) — George P. Bush has tapped former Texas Republican Party Political Director Travis Griffin to manage his campaign for land commissioner.
Senior campaign strategist Trey Newton said Wednesday night that Griffin’s first day was Monday.
He also said that Texas political strategist Ash Wright has been named statewide political director and will manage grassroots efforts.
Newton said the campaign is now fully staffed with 10 employees.
A Spanish-speaking attorney from Fort Worth, Bush is the son of ex-Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. His grandfather and uncle are former Presidents George H.W. and George W. Bush.
George P. has worked to tamp down lofty expectations and focus on replacing Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, who is running for lieutenant governor.
Still, the Texas GOP has touted him as key to winning over Hispanic voters.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Sign Former Yankee Reliever
- Arlington Officials Not Happy About Red Light Ticket Budget Hole
- Chris Kirk Clenches Victory At Colonial In Fort Worth
- WATCH: Trinity River Near Downtown Dallas Near “Major Flood” Stage
- No Holiday From the Storms
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures