Longhorns Look To Run Winning Streak To 6 At WVU
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – Texas defensive coordinator Greg Robinson will come in handy for the Longhorns’ first trip to West Virginia.
Not only has the Texas defense been stellar since Robinson rejoined the team earlier this season, he knows all about playing in Morgantown.
Robinson was the head coach at Syracuse from 2005-08, losing all four meetings to then-Big East rival West Virginia.
He’ll help guide Texas (6-2, 5-0 Big 12) through its first trip to the Eastern time zone in five years when the Longhorns play the Mountaineers (4-5, 2-4) on Saturday night.
Texas coach Mack Brown is calling Robinson “a really good resource for us this week.”
West Virginia is looking to move closer to bowl eligibility and halt the Longhorns’ five-game winning streak.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Benbrook Police Looking For Missing 9-Year-Old
- Sharp Limits On Media Access To Records Likely To Be Dropped
- Folks Flock To Lake Arlington On Memorial Day
- Pair Of World War II Vets Share Feelings On Memorial Day
- Veterans Share Disappointment About Fall Of Ramadi To ISIS
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures