AUSTIN (AP) — Gov. Rick Perry is again hitting the national airwaves, this time blaming the White House for the nation’s stubbornly high unemployment rate and touting Republican-led states where job growth has been stronger.
Americans for Economic Freedom, a nonprofit aimed at helping Perry gear up for another possible presidential run, is sponsoring the 30-second spot.
It will air for 10 days beginning Friday on Fox News and a few other cable channels. The media buy cost more than $100,000.
Perry says Nevada, Texas and Florida, all with Republican governors, are “leading the way.” He says they’re creating new jobs faster than the national average.
Amid the federal government shutdown last month, Perry appeared in TV and radio ad blasting gridlock in Washington while promoting GOP leadership in states around the country.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Silent March Ends Without Incident
- DPD Cops Investigated After Controversial Podcast Night Of Ambush
- Courts Strike Blows To GOP Voter Restrictions In 3 States
- Texas A&M Suspends 2 Assistants For Jokes At Women’s Clinic
- Cowboys Have ‘Sugar Plum’ Visions As Camp Opens
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures