Ex-Sheriff’s Deputy In Houston Charged With Child Sex Assault
HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Investigators say a retired Harris County sheriff’s deputy was arrested for sexually assaulting a young girl over several years.
John Van Trump was arrested Friday and charged with super aggravated sexual assault, because the victim was under 6.
Investigators say the 68-year-old Trump assaulted his ex-girlfriend’s daughter.
The girl, now 8, told family members earlier this year what had happened to her. Sheriff’s detectives then launched an investigation that ended with the arrest.
Trump was a 30 year veteran with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. The Houston Chronicle reports he retired as a sergeant in 2009 after his final assignment at the county courthouse.
He was being held without bail Saturday at the Harris County jail. Online jail records did not indicate an attorney for Trump.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge Refuses To Dismiss Deion Sanders Defamation Trial
- Texas Republicans Want Medicaid Flexibility, Not Expansion
- Judge Denies New Trial For Convicted Killer Eric Williams
- 30 Players: Red Sox Hope Rusney Castillo’s Talent Translates To Bigs
- Cowboys Place Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures