AMES, Iowa (AP) — Trevone Boykin scored on a 1-yard TD run with 38 seconds left and TCU rallied to beat Iowa State 21-17 on Saturday and snap a three-game losing streak.
Boykin ran for three touchdowns for the Horned Frogs (4-6, 2-5 Big 12), who remain in contention for possible bowl eligibility with two games left.
The Horned Frogs went 58 yards in just 1:56 — a drive keyed by a 22-yard run from Aaron Green on 4th-down-and-1 — and took a four-point lead on their only score of the second half.
Grant Rohach threw for 148 yards for Iowa State (1-8, 0-6), whose last-ditch effort ended near midfield. The Cyclones have lost six straight.
Casey Pachall threw for 245 yards for TCU.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Portrait Photographer’s Tribute To WWII Veterans
- Multi-Vehicle Wreck In Arlington Causes One Rollover
- Darvish, Rangers Top Pirates 5-2
- Shooting At Dallas Club Leaves One Dead
- Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla To Protect Child In Enclosure
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures