Injuries Crop Up For Texas Longhorns
AUSTIN (AP) – No. 23 Texas has lost leading rusher Johnathan Gray for the season to a torn Achilles tendon.
He had rushed for 780 yards, the third-most in the Big 12, and four touchdowns this year. He was hurt Saturday in an overtime win at West Virginia.
Senior defensive tackle Chris Whaley also suffered a season-ending injury in the 47-40 win.
Junior Malcolm Brown is expected to take over as the featured running back.
Texas (7-2, 6-0 Big 12) hosts No. 12 Oklahoma State (8-1, 5-1) this Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brady Says He “Did Nothing Wrong”
- Average U.S. Car Age Hits Record 11.5 Years
- Planned Parenthood Back Before State Senate
- Patriots Fans Defiant After DeflateGate Ruling
- Rangers Blow Early Lead To Yankees 21-5
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures