AUSTIN (AP) – No. 23 Texas has lost leading rusher Johnathan Gray for the season to a torn Achilles tendon.
He had rushed for 780 yards, the third-most in the Big 12, and four touchdowns this year. He was hurt Saturday in an overtime win at West Virginia.
Senior defensive tackle Chris Whaley also suffered a season-ending injury in the 47-40 win.
Junior Malcolm Brown is expected to take over as the featured running back.
Texas (7-2, 6-0 Big 12) hosts No. 12 Oklahoma State (8-1, 5-1) this Saturday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge Denies Witness Chance To View Eclipse
- Alabama Starts Atop AP Poll For 2nd Straight Year
- Fan Essentials: What’s Most Exciting About The Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- Reward Offered For Most Wanted Fugitive From Dallas
- Keidel: Will Eight Ounce Gloves Really Matter In Mayweather-McGregor?
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures