DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Former Vice President Dick Cheney will be the keynote speaker at the 2014 Go Red for Women luncheon next year.
Statistics show cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of all Americans – both men and women alike. The goal of the Go Red for Women campaign is to not only educate women about the risks of heart disease, but also to educate men about their cardiovascular risks. By bringing men into the Go Red campaign organizers hope the knowledge men gain will increase the likelihood they will be able to recognize the signs and symptoms of heart disease in themselves and the women they love.
Mr. Cheney has had a long battle with cardiovascular disease and after suffering five heart attacks underwent a heart transplant in 2012. Before the transplant the former Vice President underwent several surgeries including coronary artery bypass, stenting and angioplasty. After serving for four years as Secretary of Defense, Cheney worked as CEO of the Halliburton Company in Dallas and later served two terms as Vice President of the United States in the Bush Administration.
In addition to what is expected to be a very passionate address by the former Vice President, the Go Red luncheon will feature other personal stories from heart disease survivors.
According to the American Heart Association, there are more than 80 million Americans who suffer from at least one form of heart disease, and 43 million of those are women.
The 2014 Go Red for Women Luncheon is sponsored by the Dallas division of the American Heart Association and will also feature health screenings and a private auction.
Tickets for the 2014 Go Red for Women Luncheon are available at a cost of $150 each. Click here to find out more about the February 7, 2014 luncheon or call 214.748.7212 for more information.
- Cruz’s White House Run Could Mean Newfound Clout
- Jerry Jones: Jaylon Smith Won’t Go On IR, Hope Lawrence Gets Suspension Reduced
- Talladega Won’t Be NASCAR Elimination Race In 2017
- FDA Brings E-Cigarettes Under Federal Authority
- 6 Titles Inducted Into Video Game Hall Of Fame
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures