LUBBOCK (AP) – Robert Turner connected on his first five 3-point attempts and scored 21 points to lead Texas Tech to an 88-68 win over Northern Arizona on Monday night.
Dusty Hannahs added 14 points, with four 3-pointers of his own, and Jordan Tolbert added 14 points and seven rebounds. Jaye Crockett added 12 points.
Max Jacobsen led Northern Arizona with 15 points and seven rebounds and Quinton Upshur added 14 points for the Lumberjacks.
The Red Raiders shot 55 percent from the 3-point line – a major improvement from the 17.6 percent they shot against Houston Baptist on Friday night – compared to just 29 percent by NAU.
After trailing until tying the game at 18-18, NAU (1-1) took its largest lead of the night, 24-20, with 8:41 left in the first half but the Red Raiders (2-0) fought back and led by as many as 28 points in the second half.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Motley 32 Points, 20 Rebounds Pushes No. 6 Baylor 74-64 Over Texas
- Former Rangers GM Dan O’Brien Sr. Dies At 87
- Sharp Scores Twice, Stars Hold On for 7-6 Win Over Rangers
- Mom Charged With Taking Her Kids 3 Decades Ago To Face Judge
- Trump Takes Out Inaugural Ads On Social Media
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures