Police Investigate Another Possible Abduction Attempt
Get Breaking News First
TARRANT COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Haltom City are investigating an aggressive attempted abduction of a young woman. It happened near three other reported cases, which took place in Hurst and North Richland Hills in recent weeks.
This latest incident happened in the middle of the day on Monday. The area wasn’t secluded; in fact it was in a very busy block of Denton Highway.
Cars and trucks are up and down the roadway all day, and in this case it was one of those drivers who saw something happening and stopped. The action of that driver may have helped save a teenage girl.
A series of reports started with a young girl being watched, and moved to a young girl being chased. There’s also the recollection of the teenage girl who said a man got out of his truck and grabbed her. When she screamed and a witness stopped, police said the attacker gave up and disappeared.
“Eight-years-old, 12-year-old… God only knows,” mother Michelle Smith said, referring to the other recent attempted abductions. “He’s [suspect] here looking for somebody. I think he’s gonna find somebody. It’s scary.”
Parents said they have been warning their kids since the first case was reported on Halloween. It was as students got off the school bus in North Richland Hills and Hurst, that victims said they noticed a man in a truck following them.
Until now, some residents in Haltom City said they hadn’t been as worried because the cases hadn’t happen in their city.
“It’s definitely eye awakening,” resident Mindy Anderson admitted. “As I said I live right in back of the school there, and a lot of the kids walk home.”
Police and Birdville ISD officials told CBS 11 that there is no known school connection between the students in the previous two abduction attempts and the 19-year-old victim in the latest report.
The truck the man was driving Monday is a green Chevrolet, with tools and trash inside.
As it stands, the three separate police departments investigating reports said there is no way to declare with certainty that the cases are connected, but they’re checking each others notes to make sure.
- Babe’s Saturday Morning Cowboys Training Camp Report
- 1-on-1 With Dez: A ‘Hyperactive Kid’ Grows Up
- John Wiley Price Supporters Speak Out For “Our Man Downtown”
- Dashcam Captures Dallas County Sheriff Deputy’s Close Call
- Artificial Lawn Popularity Grows During Drought
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures