FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for forcing a 15-year-old girl into prostitution and advertising her online for sex.
A federal judge in Fort Worth on Tuesday sentenced 27-year-old Deundrea R. Miller. The Fort Worth man last June pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of a minor.
A co-defendant, 22-year-old Brittanie Brattain of Saginaw, was sentenced last month to six years in prison after pleading guilty to the same count.
Investigators say Miller and Brattain last fall met the girl, took photos of her in her underwear and advertised her online as a “date” or “escort.” Prosecutors say the girl was a prostitute for about five months, giving the money to Miller and Brattain, before fleeing from the pair.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Video May Identify Texas A&M University Students Accused Of Yelling Racist Slurs
- Police Chase Goes Through Four North Texas Counties, Ends In Waco
- Fake Online Florists Causing Problems For Legitimate Businesses, Customers
- 12-Year-Old Pens Uplifting Essay A Day Before She Dies
- Dallas Police Officer Celebrated For Calm Under Fire
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures