FORT WORTH (AP) – A North Texas man has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for forcing a 15-year-old girl into prostitution and advertising her online for sex.
A federal judge in Fort Worth on Tuesday sentenced 27-year-old Deundrea R. Miller. The Fort Worth man last June pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of a minor.
A co-defendant, 22-year-old Brittanie Brattain of Saginaw, was sentenced last month to six years in prison after pleading guilty to the same count.
Investigators say Miller and Brattain last fall met the girl, took photos of her in her underwear and advertised her online as a “date” or “escort.” Prosecutors say the girl was a prostitute for about five months, giving the money to Miller and Brattain, before fleeing from the pair.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Group Takes In 32 Parents Separated From Kids At Border
- Neighbors Try To Return 80-Year-Old Veteran To Home He Was Evicted From
- Video Showing Hundreds Packed Into Deep Ellum Street Raises Concerns
- First Lady: Kindness And Compassion Are Important In Life
- Body Of Missing Boy With Autism Found In Kaufman County
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures