UTA Routs Howard Payne 111-64
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) - Reger Dowell scored a career-high 35 points to lead Texas-Arlington in a 111-64 blowout over Howard Payne on Wednesday night.
Brandon Williams and Vincent Dillard each had a double-double for the Mavericks (2-1). Williams came off the bench to score 15 points and grab 10 rebounds while Dillard scored 12 and had 10 rebounds. Brandon Edwards scored 18 points.
Donovan Ford led Howard Payne with 22 points, including five 3-pointers. The game was an exhibition game for the Division III Jackets, who kept up with the Mavericks through the midpoint of the first half.
Texas-Arlington found its rhythm late in the first half and ran away with the game, shooting 56.3 percent from the field and 64.3 percent from 3-point range. It was the most points scored by the Mavericks since 1998, who last hit triple digits on Dec. 22, 2009 with a 101-85 win over Texas Wesleyan.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Family’s Dog Found In Washington, Returned
- Border Health Conference To Look At Impact Of Transient Diseases
- Women Business Owners Face Gender Gap, Report Says
- Jury To Reconvene In Kyle-Ventura Defamation Case
- Garland Officers Pull Teens From Burning Vehicle After Chase
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures