Surging K-State Wildcats Welcome Back TCU’s Patterson
Sports Fan Insider
MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) - The road leading to town wasn’t known as Coach Bill Snyder Highway the last time that Gary Patterson exited north off Interstate 70 and headed toward the Kansas State campus.
But when the TCU coach returns for the first time in three decades on Saturday, he’ll not only be trying to deal Snyder a defeat, but also do the same to his alma mater.
Patterson played linebacker for the Wildcats in the early 1980s.
His Horned Frogs (4-6, 2-5 Big 12) are in must-win mode, too. Another loss would eliminate them from bowl consideration. Kansas State (5-4, 3-3) has won three straight games and can become eligible for a bowl trip of its own with a victory.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- John Wiley Price Denied Court-Appointed Lawyer
- Elderly Residents Dealing With Bed Bug Infestation
- How Far Is Too Far When Using Corporal Punishment?
- Parents Protest Anti-Abortion Demonstrator Near School
- Woman Sentenced To 18 Years For Killing, Burying Hubby In Front Yard
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures