MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) – The road leading to town wasn’t known as Coach Bill Snyder Highway the last time that Gary Patterson exited north off Interstate 70 and headed toward the Kansas State campus.
But when the TCU coach returns for the first time in three decades on Saturday, he’ll not only be trying to deal Snyder a defeat, but also do the same to his alma mater.
Patterson played linebacker for the Wildcats in the early 1980s.
His Horned Frogs (4-6, 2-5 Big 12) are in must-win mode, too. Another loss would eliminate them from bowl consideration. Kansas State (5-4, 3-3) has won three straight games and can become eligible for a bowl trip of its own with a victory.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman Washed Away From Vehicle In Johnson County
- College Football Week 13 Can’t Miss Games
- Oklahoma Takes On Rival Oklahoma State On Saturday
- Man & His Dog Rescued From Flood Waters In McKinney
- Texas Tech Wins At UT For First Time Since 1997
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures