Texas Beats Stephen F. Austin 72-62
AUSTIN (AP) — Demarcus Holland scored a career-high 21 points and Texas improved to 3-0 for the first time in three years with a 72-62 over Stephen F. Austin on Friday.
The Longhorns (3-0) started the game on an 11-0 run but Stephen F. Austin (2-1) quickly erased that lead and led by as many as seven points in the first half, taking a 35-31 lead into halftime. Deshaunt Walker scored 15 of his career-high 24 points in the first half for the Lumberjacks.
Javan Felix hobbled off the court after hitting a floater in the first half and did not return until the second half, but scored 13 points.
Jonathan Holmes’ dunk broke a 60-60 tie and Isaiah Taylor’s lay-up on the following possession gave the Longhorns a 64-60 lead they would not relinquish. Holmes blocked Stephen F. Austin’s next shot, leading to a pair of Connor Lammert free throws.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 8 Overrated Free Agents Soon To Be Overpayed
- Seven Unlocked Vehicles Burglarized In Parker County
- Aaron Rodgers, Olivia Munn, A Sword, And A Kendo Stick
- Interim DISD Superintendent Talks About What’s Next
- Oak Cliff Residents Want Wild Horses Caught
- Woman Forced To Strip And Serve Jail Time For Overdue Ticket
- Veteran Wants Flag Vandals To Take Responsibility For Crime
- Lightning Strikes Man Twice At Rednecks With Paychecks
- Sleepy Driver Crashes Into Mattress Store
- Jerry Jones: ‘London Could Be An Expansion’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures