In Their Own Words: Remembering The JFK Assassination
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - In honor of the upcoming 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, CBS 11 News interviewed many people who remember that fateful day in history. Here are some of their stories.
JFK Assassination Through My 6-Year-Old Eyes
CBS 11 News Director of Programming Ken Foote was a fourth-grader sitting in the library when the principal came on the public address system to inform students about the assassination.
Former Poly High Students Share Unique JFK History
Fifty years ago a group of classmates wore the uniform of the Polytechnic High School Marching 100 Band. They were asked to play for President John F. Kennedy as he traveled from Fort Worth to Dallas on that fateful November day in 1963. And now they have a memento of history few outside of Poly High School have seen.
FWISD Debuts Documentary To Remember JFK Assassination
Fort Worth ISD is remembering the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy with a short documentary.Several former students, teachers, administrators appear in the 13-minute video to share their memories of November 22, 1963. Two former students Debby Williams and Taddie Hamilton, who shook the hand of the President Kennedy that morning, are interviewed.
JFK’s Last Night Recalled As Key Event For Latinos
President John F. Kennedy was supposed to just stop by and wave hello. Instead, a group of eager Latinos persuaded him to come inside and speak to a packed room of Mexican-American civil rights activists. And then he persuaded his wife, first lady Jacqueline Kennedy, to address the crowd in Spanish. It was Nov. 21, 1963.
Dallas Remembers Darkest Day, 48 Years Later
The motorcade raced from the scene with a critically wounded Kennedy. While the chaotic search for the gunman unfolded near the school book depository, then KRLD reporter Bob Huffaker was at Parkland Hospital as hundreds who had earlier given President Kennedy and First Lady Jackie such a warm welcome anxiously awaited any word.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Truck Crashes Into Fort Worth Business, Killing Woman
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Dallas Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Birdville ISD On Edge After Abduction Attempts
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures