STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) – A Wisconsin woman who has grown into a key player in the American comic book scene is putting some of her most treasured items up for auction.
Maggie Thompson has been collecting comics since the 1940s. She edited a comics magazine for 30 years and still blogs about industry happenings. Her home near Stevens Point includes a special addition that houses tens of thousands of comic books.
She plans to put some of her choice issues up for auction later this month, including the first issue of “The Avengers,” “Journey Into Mystery” No. 83, which features the first appearance of Thor, and the first issue of “The Incredible Hulk.”
The auction house, Dallas-based Heritage Auctions, says Thompson’s comics could fetch $1 million.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge Deals Big Setback To Trump On ‘Dreamers’ Program
- Comcast Challenges Murdoch With Rival Bid For UK-Based Sky
- Dallas Police Officers Remain Critical After Shooting At Home Depot
- Manaea’s No-Hitter Could Signal Breakout Season
- College Basketball Commission Says Ban Cheats, End One-And-Done
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures