SMU Dominates Texas State In 70-49 Win
GARLAND (AP) – Nic Moore scored 16 points and Nick Russell added 14 more to lead a balanced attack as SMU dominated visiting Texas State at both ends of the court in a 70-49 victory on Wednesday night.
SMU, in its first season in the American Athletic Conference, improved to 3-1 in beating Texas State (0-4).
The Bobcats were led by Joel Wright with 21 points. Texas State is in its first season as a member of the Sun Belt Conference and under new coach Danny Kaspar.
SMU held Texas State scoreless over a stretch of six and a half minutes early in the first half, using a 14-point run to build a 41-20 halftime lead. Twelve of the Mustangs’ first 16 points were scored from inside the paint.
Texas State’s first-half struggles included converting just six field goals on 24 attempts while committing 12 turnovers.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- URGENT: Source: Jerry ‘Very Involved’ In Cowboys Plans With La’el Collins Pursuit
- Mother Talks About Daughter’s Death Used In Political Campaign
- Top 5 Surprising Ways You’re Spending Too Much At The Supermarket
- Tornadoes Touch Down In Oklahoma, Nebraska On Active Day
- Texas’ Top Officer Disses Snoop Dogg
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures