NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys secondary struggled to contain WR Hakeem Nicks when the teams played back in September. They won’t have the same problem on Sunday, as Nicks has been ruled inactive.
The former Tar Heel reeled in five receptions for 115 yards in the Cowboys 36-31 win over the Giants in Week 1. On the season, the fifth-year WR has 42 catches for 620 yards.
Hicks (abdominal) practiced on Friday and was officially listed as questionable before being ruled out.
Running back Peyton Hillis is also inactive for the Giants.
Though there were no surprises, Dallas will be without linebacker Sean Lee, most notably.
Miles Austin will be appearing in his first game since Oct. 20. Austin has just 15 catches for 125 yards on the season, 10 of which came against New York in the season opener.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Transforms Into Hoops Heaven
- Charlotte Hits Century Mark Again, Beats North Texas 103-79
- Graham’s 27 Lead No. 6 Kansas Past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Texas A&M Stumbles To 4th Straight Loss, 76-71 At LSU
- No. 10 West Virginia Routs TCU 73-42
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures