DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – A seven-year-old boy, who was shot by his 13-year-old brother over the weekend, has died.
The shooting happened Saturday on Maryland Avenue in East Oak Cliff at the boy’s stepfather’s home on the 1800 block of Maryland Avenue.
Dallas police were called out to the shooting Saturday afternoon, where they were told three brothers were left alone, ages 7, 9 and 13.
Police say the three were playing, and 13-year-old was handling the gun when it fired, shooting 7-year-old Quindell Lee in the head.
Over the weekend, Quindell’s condition had stabilized, according to his grandmother. But, Monday morning she confirmed to CBS 11 that her grandson passed away.
Police are still investigating at this time and trying to determine how the 13-year-old got the gun. According to police, the stepfather told officers he had left the boys alone for 15 minutes when this happened.
CBS has also confirmed Child Protective Services is investigating this case. According to a CPS spokesperson the child has four other siblings, who are now staying with other relatives. In 2010, CPS investigated the child’s mother after reports that her children were seen dirty and playing alone. CPS determined those allegations made against her were not true.
- FDA Calls For Zika Testing Of All Blood Donations
- Big Changes To Knox Street Causing Concern
- Puppy In Garbage Saved By Good Samaritan
- Texas Firefighter On Oregon Hike Found; 2nd Hiker Dies In Fall
- Arlington Police Seek Man Who Exposed Himself To Teen
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures