Dirk Passes Idle Garnett On NBA Scoring List
DALLAS (AP) - Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks has moved past Brooklyn’s Kevin Garnett on the NBA’s scoring list, at least for now.
The Dallas Mavericks star made two free throws against Denver on Monday night to take over 14th place on the all-time list.
Garnett, who didn’t play Monday night, sits at 25,352 points.
Kobe Bryant is the only active player ahead of Nowitzki at the moment. The Los Angeles Lakers star, who is still recovering after tearing an Achilles tendon last April, is fourth all-time at 31,617 points.
Nowitzki, an 11-time All-Star and the 2007 MVP, has passed Jerry West, Reggie Miller and Garnett since Nov. 12.
The free throws that pushed Nowitzki ahead of Garnett also put him at 35 straight makes from the line.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures