JFK Flags & Rocker Sell For Nearly $513,000
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Two flags that were displayed by President John F. Kennedy in the Oval Office and one of his rocking chairs have sold at auction for nearly $513,000.
Dallas-based Heritage Auctions says the items from JFK’s time in the White House were purchased Saturday night by an anonymous collector. The auction was held the day after the 50th anniversary of JFK’s assassination in Dallas.
Auction house officials say the flags, one a U.S. banner and the other with the presidential seal, were sold for $425,000, while the rocking chair went for $87,500. The same buyer purchased both historic items.
The collection was amassed by Dean William Rudoy, a psychologist from New Mexico.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Zack Wheeler Could Become Mets’ Ace For 2014 Season
- Keller PD Uses Social Media To Reveal Speed Traps
- Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With Plane Carrying 239 People
- Police: Husband Suspected Of Killing Wife
- Lake Highland Rape Victims Bravely Face Attacker In Court
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures