DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – This week marks the kickoff to Holiday shopping.
Children at the Goddard School in McKinney showed CBS 11 first hand which toys they liked the best.
There were some old favorites, like Tinker Toys and Building Blocks. Some new toys made the grade too, like Squigz and Kinetic sand.
For older kids, there were two games, “Super Why” and “Stack up.”
For the younger ones there were toys that made noises.
Overall, the winner was a rocket ship.
Mary Beth Oliver, Education Director at the Goddard School, shared what made these their top choices.
“The toys that really have the lasting durability that they are going to keep playing with over and over are multidimensional. They’re using all their senses, it engages them with friends and they really find multiple uses for them.”
- Fort Worth Officer Involved In Deadly Auto-Pedestrian Crash
- I-Team: Dallas Co. Seized Land Two Years Ago, Won’t Say How Owner Can Get It Back
- Jerry Jones Apologizes For ‘Inappropriate’ Comment Amid Growing Tension With Goodell
- Exhibit Opens Saturday Honoring Dallas Officer Who Was Killed The Day Of JFK’s Assassination
- Woman Says Botched ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ Left Her In Wheelchair
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures