Trapped For Nine Days, Puppy Freed From Storm Drain
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Animal control officers worked most of Monday to pull a stranded puppy from a storm drain.
Hours after their efforts began, the trapped puppy was freed safe and sound.
The puppy was stuck off Singleton Boulevard — near loop 12 — in west Dallas.
Gabe P. Allen Elementary School teacher Lynda Roth reported hearing the puppy barking nine days ago. The drain is right behind her portable classroom.
“I went over to the drain behind my portable and I heard it barking loudly but I couldn’t see anything because it was filled with water,” she said.
Firefighters came to check it out, but couldn’t locate the pup. Roth heard the barking again Monday, so she called Dallas Animal Services.
“My hope is to get this rascal out. It shows how brave it is,” she said. “It’s been under there since the16th in this horrible weather.”
Animal services sent a team of employees. At one point, there were as many as 10 workers in seven different units trying to rescue the puppy.
They even sent a special mobile camera on wheels under ground looking through the pipes, but found nothing.
Hours into the search–the workers decided to try and bait the puppy into a specific area, with a food trap. Nearly six hours later, he found the food and was pulled to safety
“We were pretty adamant about this one. He was in a bad situation. We needed to get him out,” said Paul Ellis from Dallas Animal Services.
- First 48 People Come Off Ebola Watch List
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- Cruise Ship Docks With Ebola-Watched Health Worker
- Cowboys Fans Provide True Homefield Advantage
- Cowboys ‘FishTips’ Lead To Pounding Of Giants
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures