LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) – Gary Franklin scored 22 points and No. 18 Baylor easily beat Division II Chaminade 93-77 on Monday night at the Maui Invitational.
The Bears overcame a 42-point effort from Chaminade’s Christophe Varidel, who fell one point shy of the tournament record of 43 points, scored by Gonzaga’s Adam Morrison in a triple-overtime game in 2005. His 10 3-pointers tied another tournament record.
Four players besides Franklin scored in double-figures for the Bears (5-0), who put the game away decisively in the second half after going into halftime with a 3-point lead, 50-47.
Cory Jefferson had 15 points and nine rebounds, including an alley-oop dunk and layup early in the second half that game Baylor its first double-digit lead over Chaminade (2-1). Brady Heslip had 14 points and Royce O’Neale added 12.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NBA Refs Admit Missing Call In Final Seconds Of Spurs Thunder Game 2
- Trafficking Charges Filed After Man Offers Frisco Woman $10K For Girl’s Virginity
- U.S. Ends Ford Pickup Probe Without Seeking Recall
- OSU’s Nolen Claims Big 12 Golf Title
- ERCOT Expects Plenty Of Electricity For Summer
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures