Baylor Tops Chaminade 93-77 In Maui
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) – Gary Franklin scored 22 points and No. 18 Baylor easily beat Division II Chaminade 93-77 on Monday night at the Maui Invitational.
The Bears overcame a 42-point effort from Chaminade’s Christophe Varidel, who fell one point shy of the tournament record of 43 points, scored by Gonzaga’s Adam Morrison in a triple-overtime game in 2005. His 10 3-pointers tied another tournament record.
Four players besides Franklin scored in double-figures for the Bears (5-0), who put the game away decisively in the second half after going into halftime with a 3-point lead, 50-47.
Cory Jefferson had 15 points and nine rebounds, including an alley-oop dunk and layup early in the second half that game Baylor its first double-digit lead over Chaminade (2-1). Brady Heslip had 14 points and Royce O’Neale added 12.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gary McCord On Quicken Loans National: ‘It’s Going To Be A Great Test’
- Video: Suspects Steal Thousands In Merch From True Religion Store
- Jane Birkin Wants Name Off Hermes Bag After Seeing Texas Croc Video
- New TSA Chief Takes Heat From Washington Over DFW Security Scare
- Review: 5 Ways Windows 10 Fixes Annoyances In Predecessor
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures