COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says he doesn’t know when Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel will decide whether to enter the 2014 NFL draft.
A report this weekend said that Sumlin said that the redshirt sophomore quarterback would make a decision on his future before Texas A&M’s bowl game.
On Tuesday, Sumlin said his comments were misconstrued. He says he and his staff will gather information on Manziel and other Aggies who are eligible for early entry into the draft after the regular season on Saturday to help them make their decisions when the time is right.
He says: “I didn’t say that he’s going to make a decision before the bowl game is played.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles Selected To Host Super Bowls Through 2021
- Baylor University Says It’s Still Reviewing Report On Sex Assaults
- Texas Coach Augie Garrido Won’t Resign, Wants Another Year
- Matchups For SEC/Big 12 Challenge Announced
- NFL Expands Replay System To Include More Plays
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures