COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin says he doesn’t know when Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel will decide whether to enter the 2014 NFL draft.
A report this weekend said that Sumlin said that the redshirt sophomore quarterback would make a decision on his future before Texas A&M’s bowl game.
On Tuesday, Sumlin said his comments were misconstrued. He says he and his staff will gather information on Manziel and other Aggies who are eligible for early entry into the draft after the regular season on Saturday to help them make their decisions when the time is right.
He says: “I didn’t say that he’s going to make a decision before the bowl game is played.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 Levels Of Playoff Clinching For Cowboys This Weekend
- Baylor Hires Temple’s Matt Rhule As New Head Coach
- Jones: “Business As Usual,” Cowboys Not Resting Starters
- Dallas Cowboys Opponent Profile: Cowboys Look To Avenge Season’s Only Loss Vs. Giants
- Gwynn’s Death Helped Change MLB’s Tobacco Culture
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures