40 Days Of Christmas Events In Grapevine
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) - The turkey is not even in the oven quite yet, but one North Texas city is already beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Grapevine has been named The Christmas Capital of Texas by the State Senate, and the city is celebrating that honor once again with a series of 1,400 events over 40 days.
The festivities began on Friday and continue throughout the holiday season. Among the many things that families can find in Grapevine are a Christmas tree maze, snow machines to create that White Christmas environment, and a special North Pole Express train that will take children directly to Santa Claus.
“Grapevine is a great place just to create Christmas memories, to bring your family and just have fun,” said city spokesman Barry Lewis. “It’s more than just a day, it’s a whole season here in Grapevine.”
- Obama’s Executive Action On Immigration Elicits Praise And Anger
- Parents Urged To Talk To Their Children About Sexual Predators
- Homeland Security Chief On Texas Border After Immigration Order
- North Texans Taking Special Steps To Protect Packages
- Texas Woman: Detectives Ignored Mardi Gras Rape
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures