Rangers Get Ortega On Waivers From Rockies
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) - The Texas Rangers have received outfielder Rafael Ortega on a waiver claim from the Colorado Rockies.
Ortega played 42 games for Double-A Tulsa in the Texas League last season before sustaining a hairline fracture on his shin. The left-handed leadoff hitter batted .228 with one homer, 10 RBIs and nine stolen bases.
With the move Wednesday, the Rangers have 39 players on their major league roster.
Ortega appeared in two games for Colorado in 2012. Signed as a non-drafted free agent in January 2008, Ortega played six seasons in the Rockies organization. He stole 30 bases or more three times in his first five minor league seasons.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures