ARLINGTON (AP) – The Texas Rangers have received outfielder Rafael Ortega on a waiver claim from the Colorado Rockies.
Ortega played 42 games for Double-A Tulsa in the Texas League last season before sustaining a hairline fracture on his shin. The left-handed leadoff hitter batted .228 with one homer, 10 RBIs and nine stolen bases.
With the move Wednesday, the Rangers have 39 players on their major league roster.
Ortega appeared in two games for Colorado in 2012. Signed as a non-drafted free agent in January 2008, Ortega played six seasons in the Rockies organization. He stole 30 bases or more three times in his first five minor league seasons.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Tech In Elite Company; Beats Purdue
- Christina Morris’ Mother Opens Up About Daughter’s Remains Found After 3-Year Search
- Controversial Gorilla Back At Park… No Longer Black
- Reed Topples Spieth As Top Seeds Fall In Match Play
- Police: Armed Suspects Targeting Hispanic Community
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures