DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A 20-year-old driver was ejected from his seat when his car crashed in the 2800 block of I-35, south of Oak Street in Denton.
Police received a call about the crash at 2:35 p.m. Thursday. The caller explained that the driver was thrown from the car as it rolled over.
When police arrived on scene, they found the driver unconscious. CareFlite was initially called but was cancelled. He was taken by ambulance to Denton Fire and Rescue to Presbyterian Hospital, but died from his injuries.
Police believe the driver, who was by himself, hit a highway sign before his car flipped and he was ejected. They don’t know whether or not he was wearing a seat belt.
Following the crash, I-35 northbound was shut down at mile marker 467 to Oak Street. One lane of traffic has since reopened.
Police continue to investigate the cause of the deadly accident.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Teen Gets Wish Granted – His Own ‘Batcave’
- Plano Firefighter Finishes Yard Work For 90-Year-Old Who Collapsed Outside
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Co-Stars Kit Harington, Rose Leslie Married In Scotland
- Bicyclist In Critical Condition After Being Struck By Vehicle In Frisco
- Beltre, Chirinos Help Lead Rangers To 7th Straight Win
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures