ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands (AP) — Tori Scott scored a career-high 19 and Karla Gilbert added 18 points and 14 rebounds as unbeaten 12th-ranked Texas A&M defeated Memphis 69-59 in the Paradise Jam tournament on Thursday night.
The career nights — Gilbert’s double-double was her first — came as Memphis (3-3) refused to go quietly. Mooriah Rowser scored 21 for the Tigers and Ariel Hearn scored 19 on 5-of-8 3-pointers. Rowser hit a pair of buckets and Hearn a 3-pointer as the Tigers cut a six-point halftime gap to 37-36 in about two minutes.
Scott scored a pair as the Aggies answered with a 12-2 run. Memphis came back once more as Hearn hit a pair of 3-pointers and Asianna Fuqua-Bey added a layup as Memphis closed to 55-50 at 7:30.
Scott scored back-to-back layups and Achiri Ade added two free throws as the Aggies (4-0) went on a 6-0 run over the next three minutes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Lottery Announces Record $5B In Fiscal 2016 Sales
- Fish Report: 10 Cowboys FishTips Prepping For 49ers
- After Fatal Train Crash, Investigators Seek Answers
- It’s Finally Here! Opening Day At The State Fair Of Texas
- Trump Injects Bill Clinton Scandals Into 2016 Race
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures