No. 12 Texas A&M Defeats Memphis 69-59
ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands (AP) — Tori Scott scored a career-high 19 and Karla Gilbert added 18 points and 14 rebounds as unbeaten 12th-ranked Texas A&M defeated Memphis 69-59 in the Paradise Jam tournament on Thursday night.
The career nights — Gilbert’s double-double was her first — came as Memphis (3-3) refused to go quietly. Mooriah Rowser scored 21 for the Tigers and Ariel Hearn scored 19 on 5-of-8 3-pointers. Rowser hit a pair of buckets and Hearn a 3-pointer as the Tigers cut a six-point halftime gap to 37-36 in about two minutes.
Scott scored a pair as the Aggies answered with a 12-2 run. Memphis came back once more as Hearn hit a pair of 3-pointers and Asianna Fuqua-Bey added a layup as Memphis closed to 55-50 at 7:30.
Scott scored back-to-back layups and Achiri Ade added two free throws as the Aggies (4-0) went on a 6-0 run over the next three minutes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 30 Players: Semien Looks To Break Out With A’s
- Truck Crashes Into Fort Worth Business, Killing Woman
- Dallas DA Speaks At SMU, Briefly Addresses Difficult Week
- Texas Has Its Own Religious Freedom Law
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures