MONTGOMERY, Ala. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Alabama fans and teammates have rallied around Southlake Carroll graduate Cade Foster.
Foster missed two field goal attempts and had a third blocked in Saturday’s 34-28 loss to Auburn that likely doomed Alabama’s national title hopes. The initial backlash of angry and sometimes threatening messages to Foster on Twitter turned supportive by Sunday.
A fan page titled “Bama fans supporting Cade Foster” was approaching 40,000 “likes” by Sunday afternoon. It included a message that negative posts would be deleted.
Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron tweeted: “If u blame this on 1 guy U aren’t a true fan!”
Linebacker C.J. Mosley urged his Twitter followers to “stop sending threats to my teammates.”
Auburn won on Chris Davis’ 100-yard return of a missed field goal attempt by Adam Griffith, who tried the potential game-winning 57-yard kick in place of Foster.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Longhorns Coach Herman Still Talking Rebuilding At 3-3
- Columbus Crew SC Owner May Move Soccer Team To Austin
- Witherspoon & Lawrence Share Stories Of Assault & Abuse
- Protests Erupt At Hotel Before NFL Owners Open Fall Meetings
- Han Solo “Star Wars” Spinoff Film Finally Has A Title
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures