Fort Worth Homeowner Shoots Suspected Burglar
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth homeowner confronted and shot a suspected burglar early Monday morning in south Fort Worth.
The incident occurred in the 2000 block of Hawthorne Avenue just south of downtown.
According to police, the man was awakened by a burglar alarm monitoring his detached garage. The homeowner responded to the scene with a shotgun and observed a Hispanic male breaking into the garage.
As the suspect fled the scene, the homeowner opened fire. When police arrived, they found the burglary suspect a few blocks away in an alley with two gunshot wounds.
The suspect was transported to an area hospital. His condition is unknown.
It is unclear if the homeowner will face any charges in the incident.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mavs Travel North To Face Raptors
- Stars Look To Extend Winning Streak Against Wild
- One Dead After Fort Worth Apartment Fire
- Eagles Carve Up Cowboys
- Owner Jerry Jones ‘Very Disappointed’ Of Cowboys Performance
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures