DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — When the Dallas Mavericks introduced point guard Devin Harris this off-season, his sole focus was clear — getting healthy. It appears the veteran is one step closer to achieving his goal.
Harris participated in his first full practice on Monday, less than four months after having toe surgery on his left foot.
The 9-year veteran is targeting a mid-December return, “hopefully before Christmas.”
So, how’d he feel after his first full-contact practice?
“Like I hadn’t played in five months,” said Harris. “Getting to practice was the first step. Now we have to see how it responds.”
Harris says he feels the typical “soreness”, but otherwise feels good and is “still able to do the things I want to do.”
And Dallas would love to have their lightning quick guard back to doing what he does best.
“We need dynamic quickness, wherever we can find it,” said head coach Rick Carlisle two weeks back. “We need speed in this lineup. We’re slow and old.”
And when healthy, Harris can provide just that.
Rookie Shane Larkin has filled the role at times, but appeared in just eight games after returning from injury.
The team has been without starting point guard Jose Calderon, who suffered a bone bruise in his right ankle and missed Saturday’s 112-106 loss to the Timberwolves.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Oak Lawn Community On Edge After Deaths Of 2 Transgender Women, Robberies
- Official: Woman Missing At Lake Ray Hubbard After Going Into Water
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures