MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – A bomb threat closed the Collin County Courthouse on Wednesday morning. According to county information officer Tim Wyatt, the call was received at around 9:15 a.m., and the building was evacuated as a precaution.
Wyatt confirmed that the building was cleared just after noon.
A bomb squad from the Plano Police Department was on scene to assess the situation. Homeland Security officials assisted in the investigation.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- National Cost Of Daycare Higher Than In-State Tuition
- Prestonwood Christian Academy Announces 8 National Merit Students
- Dez To Fish: ‘My Message To Cowboys Nation’
- Woman Assaulted, Robbed On Katy Trail
- Highland Village Police Commander Graduates From FBI Academy
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures