Collin County Courthouse Cleared Following Bomb Threat
Get Breaking News First
MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) - A bomb threat closed the Collin County Courthouse on Wednesday morning. According to county information officer Tim Wyatt, the call was received at around 9:15 a.m., and the building was evacuated as a precaution.
Wyatt confirmed that the building was cleared just after noon.
A bomb squad from the Plano Police Department was on scene to assess the situation. Homeland Security officials assisted in the investigation.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Your 20-Step Cowboys Free-Agency Guidebook
- South Dallas High School Students Snag Free Prom Dresses
- North Texas Man Among Passengers On Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane
- Bridgeport Police Seek Missing Senior
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures