Deion Fired From Prime Prep Academy Again
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
DALLAS (AP) - For the second time in less than two months, NFL Hall of Famer Deion Sanders has been fired by the charter school he co-founded.
T. Christopher Lewis, the chairman of the Prime Prep Academy board, told The Dallas Morning News that school Superintendent Rachel King-Sanders had fired the former football star, with whom she is not related. Sanders said he didn’t know the reasons for the dismissal.
Deion Sanders did not respond to a message from The Associated Press. However, he told WFAA-TV of Dallas that he had been trying to replace school administrators with whom he’s had a stormy relationship this year.
Sanders coached at the school and served in other capacities. In October, he acknowledged that a confrontation with the academy’s finance chief precipitated his first firing.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Longtime Rangers Clubhouse Manger To Be Laid To Rest
- 5 Dead In Apartment Building Fire Near San Antonio
- Indigent Defense Idea To Get First Test In US
- Kim Williams To Plead Guilty For Her Part In Kaufman Murders
- Cowboys Dominate Redskins 44-17 In Regular Season Finale
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures