Uber Teams Up With Home Depot To Deliver Christmas Trees
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Getting a Christmas tree from the store to your front door will be a little easier in Dallas, at least for one day.
On Thursday, December 5, smartphone app Uber and Home Depot have teamed up to deliver live Christmas trees to homeowner’s doorsteps.
Customers will need to download the free Uber app to request a tree delivery. From 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Uber will deliver a 7-8 ft. Frasier fur tree, a stand, and an Uber gift card to your front door for $135.
Uber has built a loyal and vocal customer base in Dallas, despite initial problems with the city and a rivalry with local taxi companies.
Critics of the service claim Uber should be subject to the same rules and regulations as taxis. Uber says it is a tech company, not a transportation company.
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures