FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Local and state agencies are bracing for a winter storm that could bring freezing rain, sleet, snow and ice to a large part of Texas, including the DFW area. If you need to travel outside either before or during the storm, you should keep these telephone numbers handy.
The Texas Department of Transportation has set up a hotline for drivers to check on road conditions and closures across the state. That number is 1-800-452-9292. You can also click here to visit the TxDOT website. Search for the keyword ‘road conditions’ to get the same information.
The Texas Department of Public Safety has a phone number for motorists who become stranded during a winter storm. That emergency number is 1-800-525-5555. The state also recommends that drivers take an emergency roadside kit with them in the car. The kit should include warm clothes, blankets, water and snacks.
Oncor has set up a texting program for customers to report power outages. Just text ‘REG’ to 66267. Oncor recommends that customers have their ESI ID from a recent bill handy during the process.
- Getting To Polls Difficult For Disabled McKinney Residents
- Safety Concerns Arise After Cyclist Hits Child On White Rock Path
- Mavericks Fall To Indiana In OT On Opening Night 130-121
- 1 Killed In Crash Of Experimental Plane Near Houston
- Texas House Speaker Adds Pressure Over Special Education
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures