Bader & Barry Promise Fireworks In Australia
DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – A former winner of The UFC’s “Ultimate Fighter” Arizona State wrestling stand out Ryan Bader has faced an impressive list of names in a relatively short amount of time since joining the promotion’s light heavyweight division. He’s defeated most of them, and when he has lost it’s been to a current champion (Jon Jones), a former champion (Lyoto Machida), a hall of famer (Tito Ortiz), or a current title challenger (Glover Teixeira).
Although not currently ranked in the top ten of the division, Bader is always a candidate to climb back into title contention. His road back to redemption after his latest loss begins tonight in Brisbane, Australia when he takes on veteran Anthony “The Hippo” Perosh as part of the main card for “UFC Fight Night”.
Listen to Richard talk to Ryan Bader about tonight’s fight:
Also on the main card will be perennial fan favorite Pat “HD” Barry, a heavy handed knock out specialist who kill or be killed approach to three round fights as seen him go the distance only once in a dozen UFC appearances.
Coming from a kickboxing background, his leg kicks are considered among the most vicious in the entire promotion.
Listen to Richard talk to Pat Barry about what he expects from his opponent tonight:
His opponent, Soa Palelei, is on a nine fight win streak with all of them ending by way of knock out. He returned to The UFC this past August after fighting outside of the promotion since 2007.
“UFC Fight Night” is headlined by a heavyweight showdown between Antonio “Big Foot” Silva and Mark Hunt.
Follow Richard Hunter on Twitter @RichardHunter
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Police Searching For Car Jacking Suspect
- Plano’s Vision Of The Future Now The Subject Of Controversy
- Judge Halts Worker’s Comp Claim For Dallas Ebola Nurse Nina Pham
- Blue Bell Voluntarily Recalls All Of Its Products Due To Possible Health Risk
- Driver Rescued From Burning Car By Police Had Just Seconds To Live
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- Evacuations In Milford After Natural Gas Pipeline Explosion
- Witnesses Watch 2 Lions Kill Lioness At Dallas Zoo
- Safety Institute Suggests Booster Seats Until Age 12
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures