DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Firefighters slipped and slided as they battled a two-alarm blaze during icy conditions in Dallas early on Saturday morning. Crews arrived at the Kontour Apartments, along North Plymouth Road near Fort Worth Avenue, to find heavy smoke and flames.
Two apartments were involved in this fire. But both of them were vacant, and no injuries were reported during this incident.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The batallion chief on the scene explained that it is very difficult to fight fires in such cold and icy conditions. Crews struggled to keep their balance and trucks frequently became stuck along slick roads.
A winter storm covered North Texas in ice and slush late Thursday night and early Friday morning. Temperatures dropped into the teens on Saturday morning, and the icy conditions are expected to remain in place for several days.
- Texas Tech In Elite Company; Beats Purdue
- Christina Morris’ Mother Opens Up About Daughter’s Remains Found After 3-Year Search
- Controversial Gorilla Back At Park… No Longer Black
- Reed Topples Spieth As Top Seeds Fall In Match Play
- Police: Armed Suspects Targeting Hispanic Community
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures