Holiday Decorating Tips & Tricks
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) - With Christmas just a few weeks away, getting your home ready for the holidays can be daunting and… expensive.
Cedar Hill resident Heather Moreno who just moved into her new home, called for help.
“I was getting very overwhelmed with the spaces and the areas that I had”, says Moreno. “The staircase and the tree were my two main things,” says Moreno.
Interior designer Linda Baker of Baker Designs believes that’s the first place to start. Baker Designs is helping Moreno decorate her home.
“If you don’t have a huge budget, pick key area like a staircase, like a mantle,” says Baker.
Adding embellishments like pine cones and ornaments can help add depth to a garland.
Most designers agree that the home should look clutter free. Holiday memorabilia such as angels or Santas must be carefully arranged to look important.
“Instead of dispersing your Santa Clauses everywhere, make an exciting collection of Santa Clauses. You can add lace, you can add pine trees,” advises Baker.
And what’s Christmas without a tree? Baker says more and more people are picking slimmer and taller tree these days. But it matters how you decorate it.
“Instead of taking a whole roll of ribbons, we take it and cut it into sections,” she advices. “Put it in the tree and so it looks like it’s coming out of the tree but in actuality it’s just in strips on the tree. It gives a more clean and custom look to the tree.”
- 17-Year Old Dies After Falling From Moving SUV In Arlington
- Texting While Driving Ban Could Revive After Perry
- Getzlaf Leads Ducks Past Stars 3-2 In Game 2
- 5 Things To Know About Mavericks-Spurs Series
- Rangers Top White Sox 12-0 In Perez’s 1st Shutout
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures