NEW YORK (AP) — Microsoft says more than 2 million of its Xbox One consoles have been sold since the system’s launch 18 days ago.
That works out to an average of 111,111 units per day. And company officials say users have spent over 83 million hours with the games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the Nov. 22 launch.
Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of strategy and marketing for Xbox, says demand is exceeding supply in the 13 launch markets, with Xbox One sold out at most retailers.
Its makers want the Xbox One to become a user’s main entertainment hub. It supplies a program guide for browsing what’s on TV and what’s highlighted in apps such as Netflix and Amazon. You can listen to music, view photos and make Skype video calls.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Beat Rays; Clinch Home Field In Playoffs
- Widow Of Veteran Facing Foreclosure From HOA
- Trio Allegedly Robbed Store, Beat Clerk
- Texas Exits Refugee Resettlement Program Over Security Concerns
- Thousands Attend Texas Launch Of New Selena Cosmetics Line
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures