NEW YORK (CBS SPORTS) – Alabama athletic director Bill Battle said that his football program and football coach Nick Saban are operating under a “business as usual” plan, but did not offer much when asked about a potential contract extension for Saban amid rumors swirling about the Texas job.
“We’re focused on recruiting and playing Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl,” said Battle as he left an IMG Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York, where he was a guest speaker. Battle did not take questions after that response and left.
The situation is simple. Alabama is trying to lock up Saban to a hefty contract that keeps him the highest-paid coach in the country. Texas wants to back its money truck into Nick’s driveway.
Alabama approached Saban’s camp about the extension before the Auburn game. It’s been two weeks. The longer it drags out, the worst it could be for ‘Bama. Texas will have other, perhaps more attainable options if Saban balks.
- Friends React To Accused Murderer’s Death After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Runoff Election To Held For Frisco City Council Position
- Silver: NBA Will Keep Eye On State’s Inclusion Policies
- Trump Motorcade Hit By 2×4, 5 Students Face Charges
- Sen. Cruz Says Rio Grande Valley Crucial To Texas’ Economic Strength
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures