Charity Director Handling Private West Donations To Resign
WEST (CBS 11 NEWS) – The executive director of the The Long Term Recovery Center in the city of West is resigning.
Karen Bernsen is stepping down when a successor is appointed or by Jan. 30. While city officials aren’t talking about her resignation, she is no stranger to controversy.
The recovery center came under scrutiny for its slow pace of distributing funds to residents in West.
The West Fertilizer Plant exploded on April 17, killing 15 people and causing about $100 million in damages.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Keller Lawmakers Deny Atheist Chance To Speak
- Texas Executes Inmate For Killing Man In $8 Robbery
- Plano ISD Apologizes After Football Team Storms Field
- Free Legal Help For Veterans In Dallas This Month
- DISD Board Approves Hiring Michael Hinojosa As New Superintendent
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures