AUSTIN (CBSDFW/AP) – He’s known for coloring outside the lines in the staid U.S. Senate. Now children of all ages can color-in U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.
Just in time for the holidays, a St. Louis company is offering a coloring book featuring the Texas tea party darling called “Cruz To The Future.”
The publisher, Really Big Coloring Books (yes, that is their name) said Thursday that the book is in its third printing in six days. The first run of around 10,000 copies sold out in barely 24 hours, and the second went nearly as fast.
According to the online review: “The Cruz to the Future book is a non-partisan, fact-driven view of how Texas Sen. Rafael Edward Ted Cruz became a U.S. Senator and details, through his quotes and public information his ideas for what he believes will help America grow.”
Cruz didn’t cooperate with the book, with shows him hunting, given his ardent support of the Second Amendment.
It also shows his recent, 21-hour speech on the Senate floor opposing the White House-backed health care law.
The same company produced a wildly popular 2008 coloring book on President Barack Obama’s inauguration.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures