Friday’s Mega Millions Drawing Estimated At $425M
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Need some extra cash for your holiday shopping? How about $425 million!
Friday’s Mega Millions drawing, which is scheduled for 10:00 p.m. local time, is estimated to top $425 million — the second largest jackpot in Mega Millions history.
The winnings will be paid out in 30 annual installments. And if you want your winnings in cash, you’ll have to settle for a lump sum of $228.2 million.
To play, people must select six numbers from two separate pools of numbers — five different numbers from 1 to 75 and one from 1 to 15. You must match all six numbers to win.
The odds of doing so: 1 in 259 million, according to the lottery commission. Tickets must be purchased prior to 9:45 p.m.
Mega Millions is played in 43 states, including Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ellis Leads Mavs Over Spurs In Rondo’s Debut
- Allen Wins 3rd Straight State Title
- Colts At Cowboys Week 16 Live Radio Play by Play
- Super Saturday Tops Black Friday as Biggest Shopping Day
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures