Packers Rodgers Ruled Out For Cowboys Game
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – The Dallas Cowboys will get another shot at team’s backup quarterback. Hopefully this time, it works out.
The Green Bay Packers have ruled out injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers for Sunday’s matchup with the Dallas Cowboys, clearing the way for backup Matt Flynn to get the start.
Rodgers has been sidelined since he suffered a broken collarbone early in Green Bay’s loss to the Chicago Bears on Nov. 4. Rodgers practiced on a limited basis this week and even took some reps with the first-string offense in team drills Wednesday and Thursday.
But coach Mike McCarthy said after practice Friday that the decision to hold Rodgers out for a sixth straight game was made in the best interest of the team’s franchise quarterback. McCarthy said Rodgers had a good week of preparation but did very little in practice Friday.
The decision to declare him out for the game came as a disappointment to Rodgers, McCarthy added.
Flynn will make his third straight start in place of Rodgers as the Packers (6-6-1) try to stay in contention for the NFC North title with three games left.
Dallas was torched by backup quarterback Josh McCown on Monday night in Chicago after starter Jay Cutler was unable to play.
McCown completed 27-of-36 passes with a career high four touchdowns in the Bears’ 45-28 win.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Mavs Face Long Odds To Win NBA Title
- Music Legend Glen Campbell Moved To Alzheimer’s Care Facility
- Texas Officials Say Gang Membership Exceeds 100K
- Opponents To Speak Against Home Rule Proposal
- Dallas Police Searching For Person Of Interest In Deadly Hit & Run
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures