MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – The City of Mesquite will celebrate the completion of its new, $2.8 million air traffic control tower on Monday. A ribbon cutting ceremony will usher in the 80 ft. tall tower.
A federal grant paid for $1.9 million dollars of the design and construction. Starting Monday, the tower will be staffed by Federal Aviation Administration contract air traffic controllers.
There are currently more than 250 aircraft based at the Mesquite Metro Airport. The airport is located at 1340 Airport Boulevard.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys RB Elliott Involved In Crash, Works From Sidelines At OTA
- NFL Pro Bowl Returning To Orlando In 2018
- Fifth Suspect In Bombing Arrested Near Manchester
- Gary McCord On DEAN & DELUCA Invitational: ‘Heck Of A Golf Course’
- Suspect In Times Square Car Crash That Killed 1 Is Indicted
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures