MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – The City of Mesquite will celebrate the completion of its new, $2.8 million air traffic control tower on Monday. A ribbon cutting ceremony will usher in the 80 ft. tall tower.
A federal grant paid for $1.9 million dollars of the design and construction. Starting Monday, the tower will be staffed by Federal Aviation Administration contract air traffic controllers.
There are currently more than 250 aircraft based at the Mesquite Metro Airport. The airport is located at 1340 Airport Boulevard.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- As Early Voting Begins, Both Parties In N. Texas Say They’re Energized
- Gun Law Seldom Enforced In Texas Leaves Weapons In Hands Of Abusers
- Suspect With Knife Shot, Killed By Denton Officer
- Skimming Devices Found On Pumps At Busy Gas Station In Pleasant Grove
- Baker Mayfield Picks Up Davey O’Brien Award In Fort Worth
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures