Mesquite Metro Airport’s New $2.8-M Air Traffic Control Tower Operational
Get Breaking News First
MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) - The City of Mesquite will celebrate the completion of its new, $2.8 million air traffic control tower on Monday. A ribbon cutting ceremony will usher in the 80 ft. tall tower.
A federal grant paid for $1.9 million dollars of the design and construction. Starting Monday, the tower will be staffed by Federal Aviation Administration contract air traffic controllers.
There are currently more than 250 aircraft based at the Mesquite Metro Airport. The airport is located at 1340 Airport Boulevard.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Put Soto On DL, Activate RHP Martinez
- Dallas Zoo Launches Wild Program At Children’s Medical Center
- Early Morning Robbery At Gunpoint On SMU Campus
- Don’t Be Surprised About Winston’s Views On Paying College Athletes
- 6 NFL Rookies Already In The Spotlight
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures