Carrollton Park Being Targeted By Car Burglars
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) — A popular Carrollton park has become a hot spot for vehicle burglaries.
Since September, at least 13 vehicles at R J McInnish Park off of Sandy Lake Road have been burglarized.
“This park is being targeted,” said Nicole Rodriguez with the Carrollton Police Department. “We just really need citizens to know that leaving your purse in your car is not something you should do.”
Tiffany Roberts thought her purse would be safe after leaving it on the floorboard and covering it with a coat. Yet less than thirty minutes after she parked at R J McInnish Park to go play a game of soccer, her credit cards were being used by a thief at a nearby gas station.
“I was very scared,” said explained. “I had my checkbook that has my address on it so they know where I live. I had business cards in there so they know where I work. That’s very uncomfortable and not very reassuring at all.”
A picture of a suspect taken at a local convenient store using a stolen credit card minutes after one of the car burglaries is all investigators have to go on.
Carrollton police said it was not certain all 13 cases are connected but added whoever is breaking into these car moves quickly and knows what he’s doing.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures