GREENVILLE (AP) — Country singer Chris Cagle has been arrested in Texas on a driving while intoxicated charge.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says Cagle was arrested early Sunday near Greenville, 50 miles northeast of Dallas. DPS says the 45-year-old entertainer was pulled over after running a red light.
Hunt County jail records show Cagle, of Marietta, Okla., was not in custody Tuesday. The sheriff’s office did not immediately provide further information on Cagle.
A message to a booking and management agency representing Cagle wasn’t immediately returned Tuesday.
Cagle’s 2002 single “I Breathe In, I Breathe Out” reached No. 1 on Billboard’s country music chart.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Loss Prevention Officer Injured In Home Depot Shooting Meets Kenny Chesney
- Rangers Beat Yankees In Slugfest, Win 2 Of 3
- Embattled City Council Member Votes To Censure Himself
- Close Call For Off-Duty Firefighter Shot At While Driving
- Lupe Valdez Says She’s Ready For Greg Abbott
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures