DENTON (AP) – Colin Voss scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead North Texas in a 64-55 victory over Central Arkansas on Tuesday.
North Texas (6-5) led by just one point with 3:26 left to play. Voss grabbed a pair of rebounds before making a layup to stretch the margin to three. He added three more defensive rebounds in the final two minutes and the Mean Green made 7 of 9 free throws to put the game out of reach for Central Arkansas (2-6).
The Bears went on a 13-3 run five minutes into the second half to lead by two points. DeShone McClure scored a career-high 23 points – 19 in the second half – to keep Central Arkansas in the game after trailing by 10 shortly after the break.
The Mean Green finished with 15 more rebounds (43-28) and made 13 more free throws than Central Arkansas.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Montana Visitor Killed In Shooting On Las Vegas Strip Bus
- Cowboys Fan Attacked, Beaten After Thanksgiving Day Game
- Texas Gov. Perry Signs “Merry Christmas” Bill
- Icy Weather Cancels Flights At DFW Airport
- Before Drug Sentencing Former Cowboy Sends Letter To CBS 11
- 4th Abduction Attempt In Tarrant County
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures